Monday, July 23, 2012

Song For a 21st Century Child

Song For a 21st Century Child
By "The Motivated Mom"


Mother, oh Mother, check your inbox
text back your friend, talk, talk, talk,
notifications and friend requests, too,
try to go viral with a hit on youtube.
Where is the mother who isn’t updating?
She’s out in the backyard, blissfully playing.


Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as I dislike to.
(giggling, smiling, cuddling, too).
E-mails are waiting, I forgot how toTweet
(running and skipping and hide-and-go-seek).
My blog isn’t updated and my followers are blue,
and my password needs changing to something new
but I'm playing pirates and kissing boo-boos.
Look at those toes! Aren't they just cute?
(giggling, smiling, cuddling, too).


Facebook and Twitter will wait til tomorrow,
for kiddos grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So turn off the iPad, silence the beep.
I’m snuggling my baby for babies don’t keep.


I really love this poem, it is so true. My little ones grow up too fast to let it pass by while I am on the computer or the phone!!!

No comments: