Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Simplifying Christmas Day 2~ Christmas Cards


Christmas cards are usually a thorn in my flesh. It is so hard for me to get them all filled out, addressed and in the mail. I try to get a picture in the cad so everyone can see how our family is growing but, that doesn't always happen. So I weeded threw everything and came up with a couple of ideas that work for me:)
1. The first idea was to save money by buying the cards after Christmas for the following year. I put the boxes of cards in with my Christmas decorations so I wont lose them and they are not in the way. The next year when I get out all of our decorations I have Christmas cards. And they didn't cost me a lot of money:) I do the same with the wrapping paper!!!
2. Next I narrowed the list down. This helped a ton:)
3. Then I hand deliver all that can. At church they even put out a table so everyone can leave their cards out and you don't have to spend the money to mail them.
4. Lastly I get a friend to take the picture and then get copys from Walmart.
I also set aside a day and just get them all done while the children are napping. Thankfully both of them nap for a couple of hours so I can get a lot done:)
This meme is hosted by my friend Heather! If you would like to play too, or just read about how others are simplifying Christmas, click here.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love your idea of buying your cards after Christmas and storing them.. Thanks for posting..